A healthy life, a happy life! It all begins with the water you drink. Obtaining clean water is only achievable by using the best water filter. But what makes the best water filter replacement? With different brands available, it is difficult to purchase them, especially if you are a first-timer. That is why we are providing a detailed guide to ease your struggles. They have great qualities, and their heavy-duty construction and performance make them outstanding. Please read through to find out more information on why you should consider it.
- 10. Culligan SCWH-5 Advanced Water Filter
- 9. Tier 1 Culligan CP5-BBS-D Water Filter
- 8. Aquaboon 1 Micron Water Filter Replacement Cartridge
- 7. iSpring F3 Filter Cartridge
- 6. AQUA CREST FXHSC Whole House Water Filter
- 5. Waterproof FXHSC Whole House Sediment Filter
- 4. PUREPLUS 5 Micron 10x4.5 Inch water filter
- 3. PUREPLUS 1 Micron 2.5x10 Inch Carbon Sediment Water Filter
- 2. FS-TFC Replacement Filter
- 1. Ronaqua Big Blue Water Filter
- Factors to consider before purchasing the best water filter cartridge replacement
10. Culligan SCWH-5 Advanced Water Filter
Culligan SCWH-5 is a white advanced whole house filter that helps in reducing rust, sediments, sand, dirt, and scale in your water; Upon reduction of these particles, your faucets are kept flowing, and also your appliances are also safe and protected. It is perfect for residential homes; all you need to do is make sure it fits your model number. The carbon wrapped filtration cartridge works best in HF-150A, HF-360A, HF-365, and HF-160, all of which are house filtration systems. Depending on the condition of water, it’s flow rate is 4 GPM besides a filter life of three months. Always smaller micron ratings tend to filter smaller particles, and yet this cartridge has a micron rating of 5.
- Micron rating of 5
- Perfect for residential homes
- Protects from sediments and scales thus safe appliances
- Compatible with most whole house filtration models
- Doesn’t last
9. Tier 1 Culligan CP5-BBS-D Water Filter
Whole house water filters are majorly for the main water line into your home. The filters help remove dust, chlorine, sediments, and other chemicals contaminants from the water entering into your home. Tier 1 is a water filter that is compatible with most whole-house models. You should now invest in a tier 1 sediment reducing filter that helps protect your drinking water from being contaminated, protect other appliances and possessions, and improve your filters’ lifetime. The easy to install product also is of high quality with a great performance. You will just replace it after three months of use, depending on the water quality. All in all, it will keep your water tasty at all times.
- Quick and easy to install
- Filter life of up to 3 months
- High-quality filtration
- Universal filter for most 5-micron rating filters
- Some customers complained of water discoloring
8. Aquaboon 1 Micron Water Filter Replacement Cartridge
Aquaboon water filter comes in two packs of 1 Micron twenty inches sediment polypropylene of water filter replacement cartridge. The big blue water filter is of fine melted polypropylene blown to a cylinder-like form. Its main function is to remove both fine and large particles from the drinking water. Each of the cartridges is shrink-wrapped individually. It utilizes the graded density layers system whereby the inner layers are of fine microns to catch the small particles that might have penetrated the outer layers. In contrast, the outer layers are slightly porous to catch the bigger particles.
- A premium quality filter of thermal bonded pure polypropylene microfiber
- Universal replacement of most 20 inches water filter housing
- Four to six months lifetime warranty
- Is compatible with many replacement filters
- Doesn’t remove all odors
7. iSpring F3 Filter Cartridge
iSpring F3 filter is a 10″ * 2.5″ of premium quality. Its replacement prefilter set helps in extending its lifespan with the most innovative filtering technology that utilizes osmosis. At the first stage of this water filter, the multi-layer sediment filters minimize the pressure loss and reduce the clogs. At the second stage is the GAC loose carbon filter that traps the residual sediments in the water, thereby giving an easy job to the third stage of the CTO filter with no more clogs. The second stage GAC uses coconut shell carbon of high quality that is 1.5 mm tiny pore for maximum filtration efficiency and life. Chlorine chemicals removal, tastes, and odors are at step three, whereby the CTO carbon is of bond powered activated carbon filter wrapped in a polyolefin with polyethylene outer netting.
- Six months of lifetime
- Experience the clean, good tastings and safe water
- Comes with a manual for installation
- Comes in three pieces of replacement water filter
- Doesn’t include an RO membrane
6. AQUA CREST FXHSC Whole House Water Filter
This whole house water filter is one of the most reliable filters to consider for your home. It is very safe for use as the polypropylene used in its construction is food safe. The filter removes contaminants, chlorine, odor, and taste thus, providing you with a tasty and healthy filtered water. More so, the pleated structure will provide a long-lasting service life; all you have to do is replace the filter every six months, hence saving money. This water filter is compatible with Pentek 10″ filter housing, American plumber, Culligan, and hydronic and any other system with 10″ x 4.5″ filters. Lastly, this is an independent brand filter, so a compatible spare part.
- The filter can be replaced regularly
- It’s of premium material hence durable
- Offers high-efficiency filtration
- It’s a 2-pack hence suitable for whole family use
- Not NSF rated
5. Waterproof FXHSC Whole House Sediment Filter
Waterproof whole house sediment filter tends to be among the best in the market today because of its advanced technology and performance. It is of premium materials and filters; therefore, you get clean and refreshing water. Beware uses granular activated carbon to reduce sand, chlorine, rust, and other water impurities. More so, the filter is of pleated polypropylene, which is food safe hence suitable for human use. This two-pack sedent filter fits any system of 10″ x 4.5″ filters. Also, you don’t need any tools for installation. You can replace the filter every six months or 30,000 gallons for the best results.
- A perfect alternative for original filter
- Easy to install
- High-quality construction hence durable
- Money and time saving
- Offers a precise fit because of its accurate design
- Not a 5-micron filter
4. PUREPLUS 5 Micron 10x4.5 Inch water filter
The PUREPLUS water filter tends to be better than others because of its perfect fit and also since it is a 4″ micron. Depending on water quality, it filters up to 30000 gallons; therefore, it needs replacement every three to six months. It is compatible with any standard 10″ x 4.5″ filter models making it very convenient. What makes it unique is the multi-layer density technology used that helps in removing all contaminants. It can capture impurities targeted and have a longer service life of 30% longer than other filters. Your health is of great concern, which is why food-grade materials were used in their construction.
- Has the value of money
- You get a 100% money-back guarantee
- Uses multi-layer density technology to filter hence safe water
- Has a flow rate of 2.5-5 GPM
- Easy to install
- Offers density and activated carbon combination filtration
- Removes chlorine
- Not durable enough
- Not perfect for well water
3. PUREPLUS 1 Micron 2.5x10 Inch Carbon Sediment Water Filter
The PUREPLUS water filter has gained popularity, and this 1 Micron 4 pack water filter also does not disappoint. As we know, they have recognized certification; it reduces up to 99% chlorine, odor, sediments, color, sand, rust, and much more. Since it is a carbon filter, expect high absorbing ability. More so, it uses Sintering technology, which ensures high absorbing capacity, thus a fiber filtration. The filter can filter up to 13,000 gallons depending on water quality. Meaning you will need replacement every 3 to 6 months. Lastly, it is compatible with all standard 10″ x 2.5″ RO units and models.
- It’s a four-pack hence suitable for whole family use
- High-quality construction hence durable
- Of food-safe materials
- Offers high efficient filtration
- Easy to install
- Not suitable for well water use
2. FS-TFC Replacement Filter
FS-TFC utilizes a 5 stage reverse osmosis system to filter your whole home water for one year lifetime. The five staged complete filter set is of the high-quality making of filtration components that help keep its lifespan of the entire system. For six months, this product will remove all the contaminants in your water, which means you have to change it after six months. The post-carbon filter and membrane will also last for one to two years of use. It is compatible with most standard sizes of counter reverse osmosis system. It comes with very easy and straight to the point installation instructions that can guide you on its installation process.
- Meets the NSF/ANSI 58 standards of safety
- Has a lifetime support guarantee
- Experience the good tastings, safe and clean water
- Easy to follow installation instructions
1. Ronaqua Big Blue Water Filter
Ronaqua is a big blue, CTO activated carbon block filter of fine coconut shell beside it comes in two packs. The filter helps in removing chemical compounds, unpleasant tastes, undesirable colors, and odors. Whenever these unwanted products off, you can be sure of clean and freshwater. The carbon makes finer filtration with the removal of dirt and suspensions. The major difference between this filter and the others that also use the regular carbon block filter is that this big blue is appropriate for whole house filters; This means that it is mainly used for filtering water at the house’s entrance. Moreover, with its large size, radius, and surface area, it can filter a large volume of water compared to the regular filter.
- 5-micron rating
- 10000 gallon product lifetime
- Universal replacement for most 10″ big blue water filter
- Keeps water fresh and clean
- Hard to install
Factors to consider before purchasing the best water filter cartridge replacement
The whole house filtration system helps you to filter your water is an easy way at home. The filters are quite popular in the market with different styles and types. Being that they might be confusing majorly to the beginners. Therefore we have listed down the factors you should consider before purchasing a whole house filtration system for yourself.
Filter’s lifespan simply means what amount of water it can filter before replacement. Therefore, a longer lifetime filter is preferable to that of a short lifetime since the costs are reduced. The major problem is contamination if you fail to replace it in time. There are recommended filters that can last for one to five years, thus efficient and affordable. Others can last for almost ten years but are too expensive.
Stages of filtration
A multi-stage filtration system is seen to our way a single stage filtration as it removes a broad range of contaminants. Besides, multi-stage filters being much convenient, you can be sure of high quality and adequately treated water.
No one would wish to purchase a product that is hard to install. Therefore you need to go for an easy to install a product that doesn’t require much time and effort. However, you can choose to hire a professional to help you in the installation process since these products require patience and effort to install.
The best whole house filtration system doesn’t interfere with the water pressure and the number of gallons to filter. Thus you should consider a filter system with good filter design and a large inlet to keep the flow rate constant.
Having the best water filter cartridge replacement is one of the must-have items in your house. That is because it has lots of benefits, like reducing contaminants and other impurities. It helps prevent damage to the plumbing systems and other appliances as it removes soil, sand, rust, and other impurities. We hope that the above review provides you with enough information to select the best water filter.