A string trimmer is a well-known device in the world. It’s also popularly known as ‘weed eater’, ‘strimmer’, and ‘line trimmer’. In essence, this is a powerful tool that is used in gardens and farms for cutting grass or weeding or even clearing unnecessary plants that have elongated around objects. Besides, you can get rid of plants on uneven terrain as well. This tool doesn’t use a blade to clear grass and plants, instead, it uses a monofilament line that is very flexible as well.
It comes with an ergonomic long handle that is connected to the cutting tip that has the monofilament line. The mono-filament line is more flexible and thus makes it quite easy for you to maneuver around uneven areas and trim whenever you need it. The strimmer performs its tasks with a rotating cutting head that has a monofilament line.
There’re a wide range of string trimmers in the market and finding an appropriate one that suits your need is an uphill task. You may be required to plough through different sites for the best string trimmers. However, we resolved to turn around your unsuccessful search by compiling a list of the top 10 best string trimmers in reviews.
Let’s get deeper into it.
10. Earthwise LST02010 10Inch 20V One-Size 2.0Ah Battery & Fast Charger Cordless String Trimmer
We start the list with the Earthwise string trimmer. This is an affordable kit that can stand the test of time. It has the potential to cut grass and remove weeds with ease. The automatic line feed and the flip-down edge guard ensure all your crops are protected. This battery-powered device is lightweight yet remains powerful to remove tall grasses and tough weeds. As a fact, its power is more or less to a corded lawnmower or even gas weed wacker. For sure, you can fully rely on this device to cut tall grasses, edges, and weeds. The three-adjustable cut head positions ensure your operation is seamless.
- Can cut grass or weed conveniently without destroying crops
- Built with comfortable rubber over-molded handle
- It doesn’t need extra tools for assembly
- It’s lightweight for easy movement
- It’s not that powerful
9. WORX WG896 12 AMP 3 Depth Adjustments Electric Lawn Edger & Trencher 7.5Inch (Orange/Black)
Are you hunting for the best trimmer to clear the mess in your farm or vineyard? WORK electric lawn edger and trencher could be your next big thing. It’s a heavy-duty piece of equipment that weighs 14 pounds and you can swiftly maneuver it along tricky and rounded stretches. Even though the regular edgers perform the job, this 2-in-1 Edger/Trencher works better using a 7.5-inches serrated blade that spins at 4700 revs/min. Besides, it’s powerful yet very easy to use. What’s better, cleaning out clogs and swapping the blade is also a breeze.
- You can easily maneuver it along tricky and rounded edges
- Has an adjustable shaft to suit different functions
- Can clearly define landscaping elements
- It’s lightweight and easy to use
- It has difficulty plowing through thick, matted turf
8. WORKPRO 12Inch 1 Hrs. Quick Charger 16.4 Ft 20V Cordless String Trimmer w/2Ah Lithium Battery
Getting better, we have WORKPRO cordless string trimmer. This 3-in-1 tool is a versatile gardening tool that can conveniently convert from mini mower to edger in seconds without any extra tool to do the setup. Purchasing this unit will save you time as well as money. Since it weighs only 3.53 pounds, this tool is lightweight and as such makes maneuverability pretty easier. As if that isn’t enough, it’s portable for women to take it almost anywhere. Moreover, it comes with a powerful battery that has a 20V Li-ion battery that will last for long hours when fully charged. You can rest assured to do a gardening job without any delay with drained off the battery.
- Built with an ergonomic design to suit different needs
- It’s lightweight for easy maneuverability
- Has a powerful battery that lasts
- Save your time and money
- It’s a bit pricier
7. POWERWORKS STP301 XB 20V 10Inch Cordless 2Ah Battery Cordless String Trimmer (Red/Black)
If you want your garden or yard to be weed-free, entrust the task to POWERWORKS cordless string trimmer. You’ll be impressed by the working potential of this powerful tool. It features a 10-inch cutting swath with .65-inch single line auto-feed head that ease line advancement. Also, it boasts 180 degrees rotating aluminum shaft that makes edging quite easier. In addition to that, the variable speed trigger offers maximum control. Aside from that, this string trimmer is seamlessly compatible with XB 20V/20V and POWERWORK 20V batteries.
- The best battery operated weed eater
- Relatively quiet as it operates
- It convenient for small yards
- This kit is easy to use
- It’s not as lightweight as you may wish
6. VERTAK 20V 2.0Ah Battery Garden Tools Cordless String Trimmer & Leaf Blower Sweeper Combo
You’ll never believe what this practical and convenient tool by VERTAK will do to your yard. It’s meant for blowing leaves and even garden waste like small twigs, clippings, and even pieces of paper in places that surrounds gardens or private houses. Better yet, it’s a multi-functional kit that can be flawlessly converted from a trimmer to an in-line edger within no time. Plus, you don’t need any extra tools to accomplish that. Besides, the auxiliary handle height and angle are conveniently adjustable. What’s more, it’s lightweight and easy to use. This tool is battery powered that get rid of any messes.
- Changes from a trimmer to an in-line edger much quickly
- Versatile to switch between lighter and tougher jobs
- Height is adjustable to convenient use
- It’s lightweight and easy to use
- It’s not a heavy-duty equipment
5. Remington RM2700 2-Cycle Lightweight 27CC 18Inch Straight Shaft Gas-Powered String Trimmer
Are you looking for a more powerful string trimmer? Look no further than Remington string trimmer. This unit is equipped with a 27CC full crank 2 cycle gas engine that provides more power and less vibration to allow you to have full control over this machine. It has a user-friendly design that allows you to comfortably perform your trimming operations. Additionally, it is designed from high-grade metallic materials that are well known for their strength and durability. You can easily cut through dense vegetation and grass within a few minutes because it has a blade with a cutting width of 18 inches.
- Has a quick start technology for easier and smoother pull starts
- The adjustable j handle and shoulder strap reduces operation fatigue
- Easier to trim hard to reach places with the straight shaft head design
- You can easily convert the blade into a bump head within seconds
- A bit heavier compared to other models
4. HENX Foldable Shaft 40V Max Lithium-Ion 14Inch Cordless String Trimmer w/2.5Ah Battery
HENX string trimmer is equipped with the needed features to meet all your trimming needs. This equipment features a brushless motor that allows you to perform your trimming operations at a faster rate. With a cutting swath of 14 inches and a dual twist line of 0.095 inches, you can now complete your job faster. It has two variables to allow you to choose between high and low variable speeds to meet all your needs. The handle can easily be adjusted for use by persons with different height needs in a more comfortable manner. Additionally, it has a runtime of up to 50 minutes for you to tackle all your cleanup projects.
- Ergonomically designed to offer you maximum comfort
- Allows for hassle-free operations with a cordless design
- Operates quietly to prevent any unnecessary noises
- Easily converts from a trimmer to a wheeled edger
- No cons so far
3. Husqvarna 128LD 17Inch 28CC 2-Cycle Engine Cutting Path Detachable Gas String Trimmer
If you’re looking for a lightweight string trimmer, this model from Husqvarna is the best choice in the market. It only weighs 11 pounds making it easier to carry it from one place to another without feeling its weight. The engine and the starter have special quick start technology to enable you to start trimming operations in no time. This versatile unit can tackle a wide of jobs which includes trimming hedges, clearing excess branches, and many more. You can as well monitor your fuel level because it is equipped with a translucent fuel tank. With a cutting width of 17 inches, you are assured of quick trimming operations to save your time.
- Has a detachable shaft to ease transport and storage purposes
- Powerful enough to handle a wide range of tasks per unit time
- It boasts a smart start technology for convenient ignition
- Saves your storage space since it is compact
- It’s a bit harder to shut it off
2. Greenworks PRO STBA80L210 2Ah Battery 80V Brushless String Trimmer & Leafy Blower Combo
You can now keep your environment more appealing and decent with Greenworks string trimmer. It is equipped with a powerful brushless motor that allows you to conduct your trimming operations quietly. You can easily adjust its handle to suit your height for more comfortable tasks. The variable speed trigger has a three-speed selection which allows you to take full control of your machines to meet all your trimming needs. Besides, it has a run time of about 45 minutes which allows you to cover a wide piece of land of about 1 acre. You no longer have to pull the cord while starting it because it has a push-button start.
- The digital brushless motor has greater torque and longer runtime
- Allows for smoother operation with no distracting noises
- Has a 16-inch cutting path for faster trimming operations
- Easier to maneuver around because it cordless
- It’s too large thus cumbersome to store it
1. Snapper 2.0 Battery XD 82V MAX Leaf Blower Cordless Electric Clean-Up Bundle w/String Trimmer
When it comes to a string trimmer with longer run time, no model can outshine this model from Snapper. You can now get to varied trimming operations and get done within a few minutes because it has a run time of up to 45 minutes. It is constructed from high-grade metallic materials with a longer usage life. With the push-button start, you no longer have to pull any cord to get started. Moreover, it comes with a rapid to allow you to charge this device within some thirty minutes. Installation is a hassle-free task since it comes with the needed tools and a well-instructed manual.
- Requires no additional hardware thus easier to assemble
- Equipped with inbuilt fan for cooling while recharging
- Sturdy to ensure safe and stable trimming operations
- Has a longer battery life to handle large operations
- Has a shorter discharge tube
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best String Trimmer
Gas vs. Electric String Trimmer
If you’re interested in power but you’re okay with the fumes and noise, then the gas string trimmer is the best choice for you. On the contrary, electric models are convenient and quitter because of the lightweight, however, they’re a bit less powerful than the gas models counterparts. Both gas and cordless electric string trimmer offer you sufficient freedom for maneuvering around. If you’re planning to work on a heavy task, the electric option somewhat probably drain off faster.
Dual vs. Single Feed Line
When you want to set up a new trimming in small gardens, then a single line is ideal. Again, if you need to handle large farms or gardens, then a dual-feed line is the better option because of each revolution of the blade cuts in a doubly.
The cutting width of these devices varies from 10-inches to 18-inches. Therefore, if your farm is compact and small, with a compact width tool, you’ll be in a position to tackle the task that comes your way. On the other hand, if you’re planning to tackle a very large farm, then you should consider opting for a wider cutting width to get effective performance.
This is also a very important aspect when it comes to a device that will be handheld for a reasonable amount of time. The typical weight can range from 5 pounds to 20 pounds. If you compare the prominent models, then gas models are said to be heavier than electric models. On the other hand, corded models tend to be light even though it has limited weight range. A cordless string trimmer is suitable for the medium-sized yard because it’s lighter compared to the gas models, yet it’s powerful than the corded version.
After you’ve taken into account the aspect we’ve offered you, you’ll be in the right position to shop for the best string trimmer. We’ve done exceptional research and what we’ve offered you is the replication of what we did. Follow this guide and at the end of it all, you’ll be in the right position to purchase without any fear or uncertainty. While the world moves towards cordless devices, you should be part of the trail. We hope this guide has offered you helpful information that will enable you to spend your money accordingly.