Whether you’re planning to go to the gym, run on trails, or hit the treadmill, you need to brace yourself with the best pair of running headphones. The best headphones for sports should stay in place, and because you’ll be doing an intense workout, you need to select the model that will fit you snugly. Besides, you should consider the one that can withstand rain and sweat or preferably waterproof headphones. Even better, you’ll also want music to sound incredible.
Having the best headphones for sports will significantly improve your workouts performance and enable you to try new challenges. With the saturated market, acquiring the best headphones for sports is an arduous task. However, this dependable piece will set the record straight. After testing different wireless headphones for sports, we managed to narrow down to the top 10 best headphones for sports in reviews.
That said, let’s see what each brand offers.
10. Otiem IPX7 Waterproof Stereo Earphones for Gym Running w/Noise Cancelling Headsets
This brand of headphones uses the CVC 6.0 latest chip technology that transmits a sound of high quality. It connects faster with other Bluetooth devices without causing any delay. They smoothen your calls and music. They deliver a dynamic base using upgraded components. Also, they are made using IPX7 waterproof technology for protection. Nano-coating efficiently prevents sweat and water. They securely fit and provides you with optimum ergonomic feeling using the ear hooks. The hooks are made of premium quality rubber. These hooks are compatible with the curve of all the sizes of human hearing. Additionally, they allow you to control the music and calls using a single button remotely.
- They are easy to set up
- Have a built-in microphone
- Battery life lasts for about 7-9 hours
- Produce quality sound
- It covers a limited distance.
9. Mpow Flame2 Bluetooth 5.0 Bluetooth Wireless IPX7 Waterproof Headset w/CVC
If you desire to experience high-definition and high-fidelity music, make Mpow Flame your number choice of headphones. This is because they deliver HiFi stereo sound that plays all the details of your selected music. Another feature for this pair of headphones is the bass+ option that creates an immersive musical experience. They transmit crystal clear sounds for both music and calls. These headphones come with four different sizes of earbuds. It takes a maximum of 8 hours to charge these headphones completely. And monitoring the status of the battery is a breeze once you connect to the phone. With a full charge, you will have 12 hours of playback since it has a low level of energy consumption.
- Pairs faster and has more extended stability
- Connects to two Bluetooth devices at a go
- Uses the latest chip technology
- Has 12 hours of battery life
- The wire around the head appears small.
8. Villain x6 Bluetooth 5.0 Aptx Hi-Fi Wireless Earbuds for Running, Gym & Workout
Villain X6 delivers 100% of better musical experience when relaxing, strolling, or during body workout of any nature. They are designed with the most advanced and latest Bluetooth technology. It supports A2DP, HSP, AVRCP, and HFP. It has a faster sound transmission with higher stability and tangle-free. Earbuds give you an incredible balance between performance and style. Additionally, it offers you High Fidelity stereo musical experiences. This type of headphones designed uses composite drivers that measure 10 mm. Outer-ring, which is more produces a deep base. Moreover, the earbuds are water-resistant, thus makes it suitable for intensive exercises without worrying about rain or sweat.
- Use the most advanced Bluetooth tech
- Delivers fast and stable connection
- Suitable for all Bluetooth devices
- They are water-resistant
- Though waterproof, you cannot submerge in water.
7. Senso HD Stereo Sweat-proof Bluetooth Headphones w/Mic IPX7 Waterproof for Workout
Senso model of headphones guarantees you HD stereo sound together with unparalleled crisp treble and rock-solid bass. These headphones have an ergonomic and stylish cordless design. They are built using the latest CSR technology of Bluetooth 4.1. Acoustic components of this pair enhance the credibility in the production of quality sound. Further, the sound produced has a clear treble and deep bass. They securely fit into the ears and are more comfortable to use. Ear hooks are made of silicone material and coated with gel flex. This make will ensure that your headphones remain intact in your ears without causing irritation. Further, the silicone material makes this pair sweat and waterproof.
- Fitted with silicone material for more comfort
- It uses noise suppression technology
- Adjustable and fitting ear hooks
- Secure and ergonomically fits
- Obstructions of the Bluetooth devices cause music cut-outs.
6. Boltune IPX7 Waterproof 16Hrs Playtime Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones for Running
For realistic musical experience, choose Boltune wireless headphones as your companion, especially during your body workouts both indoors and outdoors. They give you high definition stereo sound, rich, balanced, and more crisp musical sounds. With the use of Bluetooth version 5.0, you are assured of stabilized sound transmission that is free from any interruptions. These headphones have dynamic 10 mm drivers, which significantly and effectively help in noise reduction. The magnetic design from the inside of the headphones makes the headphones clamps together, thus making it easy for you to carry them around when not using them. More so, IPX7 resistance protects the headphones against sweating or heavy raining.
- Has long-lasting playback time of up to 16 hours
- Employs the use of most advanced technology
- Transmits faster and stabilized signal
- Produces high-quality stereo sound
- Not suitable for gaming purposes
5. Anker Soundcore IPX7 Waterproof Curve Wireless Headphones 18hrs Battery for Workout
If you are looking for more comfortable headphones for sport, then this brand from Sound core is ideal. They have 10mm composite drivers that produce quality sound with thumping bass. The exclusive bass up technology analyses low frequencies and strengthens the bass output by 43%. You can get up to 18 hours playtime at 80% volume with a single full charge. Additionally, they have a waterproof casing that assures you of working headphones even if you stay for 30 minutes in 1m water. You can also take full control of music and calls since it is equipped with a built-in microphone.
- Has extra soft ear hook to keep you comfortable
- A 10-minute charge provides a 3-hour playtime
- Ergonomically designed to ensure a perfect fit
- Comes with a travel pouch to ease portability
- It takes more time to pair.
4. TBI Pro Lightweight Wireless Earphones IPX7 Waterproof Headphones w/12hrs Playtime
Are you looking for headphones for sport with long-lasting performance? Look no further than TBI pro headphones for entertainment. With 2 hours of charging, you can play continuously play your music for up to 12 hours. They are well designed to resist rain, water, and moisture particles with the waterproof and Nano coating. Moreover, they have soft silicone ear hooks that keep you comfortable no matter the time you use them. Even better, they have a lightweight and ergonomic design for ultimate comfort. Since they have a shape that fits your ears’ structure, you can enjoy your music at any moment.
- Have noise-canceling technology for clear sounds
- Made from durable quality materials
- Can be used during all weather conditions
- Ensures stable transmission technology
- Has a reduced noise-canceling feature
3. Sony WI-XB400 Extra-Bass Headset Wireless Headphones w/Mic for Calls (Black)
When it comes to lightweight headphones for sport, no brand can outshine this model from Sony. With only a weight of 0.74 ounces, you can quickly move them around and never feel their weight in your ears. The 12mm driver units assure you of clear, crisp sound for the best music experience. They require a charging time of 3 hours to play your music for up to 15 hours continuously. In addition, they are packed with extra bass to ensure that you can enjoy your music at all times. This makes them the best gifts for your loved ones during birthdays or Christmas holidays.
- More comfortable to operate with the multi-function button
- The magnetic buds makes them easier to carry
- Ensures an interruption-free listening and calls
- Has a longer battery life for more convenience
- Lacks an auto shut off
2. Beats Sweat Resistant Earbuds Apple W1 Wireless Earphones (Defiant Black-Red)
As a person who regularly performs workouts and loves music, it would be wise to try out Beats headphones for sport. They are compatible with most android and iOS devices to get you listening to your favorite music. With a single charge, you can afford uninterruptibly and continuously listen to your music for up to 12 hours. While traveling, you can recharge them for about 5 minutes for one-hour playback. You can also take calls, activate Siri, and control your music with the multi-function ear controls. Additionally, the cable management clip keeps your headphones in place while you are on the go.
- Has a faster charging rate for more convenience
- Secure fit hooks maximize stability and comfort
- Easy to set up with the clear instructional manual
- Comes with a carrying case to ease portability
- Have an average sound quality
1. Bose SoundSport Sweat-Proof Bluetooth Headphones for Workout & Sports (Black)
Bose headphones are equipped with a wide range of features to meet all your needs. They are more convenient since you can comfortably move around with no distracting wires on your way. These units have a unique shape and silicone gel materials for ultimate comfort and stability in your ears. You can skip tracks and pick calls because they have an inline mic and remote to control volume and music. Even better, they have a lithium-ion battery that delivers 6 hours of playtime with one single charge. Furthermore, they are well designed to resist any sweat and water particles that could damage these devices.
- Comes with a USB cable for charging purposes
- Only requires two hours for a full charge
- Delivers a high-quality audio experience
- The carrying case keeps them safer.
- They do not play while charging.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Headphones for Sports
The first aspect you want to consider when shopping for this unit is its potential to repel water. This sporting gear should be able to prevent sweat against entering the delicate parts. Therefore you should look for the one with a water-resistant feature. It’s sometimes referred to as sweat-proof.
The other parameter you need to keep a close eye on is the sound quality. After all, the main purpose of the headphones is to output music. You need to look for a set that offers clear and fluent sound to enable you to enjoy your workouts at all times. You are inclined to those brands that have proven to stand the test of time while delivering stellar sound performance. Luckily, the brands we’ve offered you are the best when it comes to sound quality.
This aspect is also essential when buying the best headphones for sports. If you’re planning to opt for true wireless headphones with a high tendency to fall, you should look for the one with fins to keep them in place. Also, you can opt for a set of neck buds connected with wires.
This is also another essential factor to consider when looking for the best earbuds for sporting activities. The battery of these units should be able to support your long hours of workouts and runs, as well as your daily travels. The battery should also charge quickly to prevent any inconvenience. The set that offers you more than three hours of playtime is ideal and the best option to opt for.
With that in mind, you’ll not make any mistake when shopping for these incredible units. Just read between the lines, and you’ll be good to go.
In a nutshell, listening to powerful and motivational sounds can make your gym routine more exciting and captivating, but only if you own the appropriate pair of headphones for sports. Or else, your tunes may end up causing more harm than good. The choices we’ve offered you above made to the top ranking because of their exemplary performance, affordability, and reputation. Don’t be bothered by our numbering; each unit is supreme in their domain. The guide will go a long way in enabling you to choose the best headphones for sports. We hope you’ll have a fabulous time in the gym with one of the above sets of headphones.