Life becomes sweet and adorable during the summer seasons; the worst part is that it doesn’t last forever. Whenever humidity creeps into your home above 50%, the condition changes to a breeding ground for mildew, dust mites, mold, and other critters. At this point, a dehumidifier becomes an essential product to consider. Unlike the humidifiers that add moisture to the air, dehumidifiers remove the excess water from your surroundings. Below is a round-up of the top ten best dehumidifiers in the market with excellent performance.
- 10. SLAOUWO Small Portable Dehumidifier
- 9. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
- 8. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers
- 7. Vacplis 50 Pints Dehumidifier with WiFi Remote
- 6. TOSOT 1,500 SQ ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 5. Waykar 40 Pint Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
- 4. MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier
- 3. Kesnos 70 Pint Humidifier
- 2. Ivation Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 1. Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier
- Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Dehumidifiers for Home
10. SLAOUWO Small Portable Dehumidifier
Are you looking for an efficient dehumidifier for your home? SLAOUWO dehumidifier offers a quiet environment while in use and can remove up to 300ml water per day in a humid environment of 80% RH. It is also energy-saving and environmentally friendly because of its 22.5W power. The auto-shutoff feature makes it easy to use as it switches off automatically when the water tank is full. More so, it only weighs 2.87 lbs, thus portable and easy to carry. Meaning you can use it in your office, closet, bathroom, and much more. Lastly, this dehumidifier works in conjunction with a digital thermos hygrometer, which helps to adjust the dehumidifier and monitor your family’s health status.
- Energy-saving and environmentally friendly
- Easy to use
- Compact and portable
- Equipped with 900ml thus easy to clean
- Offers optimal operating temperature
- A digital humidity reader included
- The power may be too low for some users
9. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
Covering 250 SQ ft in your house, the Pro Breeze Dehumidifier will remove up to 18 ounces of water daily. Its water tank has a capacity of 52 ounces, making it ideal for 2200 cubic feet rooms. When the tank gets full, the dehumidifier shuts off automatically while the LED light turns on, which indicates that it needs draining. Besides that, the built-in Thermo Electric cooling technology used operates without a compressor, which means you get a quiet operation. This dehumidifier is perfect for your garage, bathroom, bedroom, it any other place with an optimal operating temperature at 59 to 86 F.
- Lowers humidity at an optimal temperature
- Removes 18 ounces per day
- Lightweight, compact and portable
- Uses auto-off and LED indicator when full
- Energy-efficient and ultra-quiet
- A little challenging to clean the top of the water tank
8. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers
What makes Inofia dehumidifier better than the previous products is its continuous hose outlet. Although it also has an auto shut off feature when the 4-pint water reservoir gets full, it can also drain the water through a hosepipe. That means you have to attach the hose to achieve self-draining by gravity. Even if you are too busy to empty the water tank, you won’t have to worry much with this dehumidifier. Besides, it removes up to 30 Pints of water per day, which makes it perfect for 1056 SQ.ft rooms. Lastly, in case of power interruption, the dehumidifier will restart automatically while the auto defrosts feature will help eliminate maintenance.
- Compact size hence ideal for home use
- Powerful home dehumidifier
- Removes up to 4 gallons per day
- Offers convenient drainage system; manual and auto drain
- Easy maintenance with washable filter
- 1-year free warranty
- The fan tends to be noisy when high
7. Vacplis 50 Pints Dehumidifier with WiFi Remote
Every dehumidifier has an outstanding feature, and the WiFi Remote feature is what keeps Vacplis outstanding. This feature enables you to select between four different modes of operation. That is drying, raining, sleep, and standard. More so, you will also be able to monitor the humidity level and adjust without inconveniences. There will be no sound destruction because of its 35.9db sound while in use. Another feature is the 24 hours timer that you can program it according to your preference by setting it to turn on and off after a specific time. But, it automatically shuts off when the 3.1-liter tank with splash guard gets full.
- Provide you with timing boot and shutdown function for easy timing
- The top-mounted control makes it easy to operate
- The drying setting feature helps in drying clothes
- WiFi Remote control gives you full control over the smartphone
- The movable casters and tuck away handle makes it secure to us
- Filter cleaning and easy to disassemble
- 2-year free warranty
- Does not link with Google assistant
6. TOSOT 1,500 SQ ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
With more than 20-years of experience in research, design, and manufacturing dehumidifiers, the TOSOT Dehumidifier meets all your needs. It can remove up to 30 Pints of water daily, making it perfect for 1,500 SQ ft house. You should remember that a lower humidity level allows your system to work effectively. Once the water bucket gets filled, the dehumidifier stops running. You can also hook up a 3/4″ drain hose for continuous drainage or manually empty the 1gallon capacity water bucket to save time. With a peak sound level of 48 decibels at high speed, the device remains quiet; therefore, it can work while you are asleep. Lastly, the real te monitoring control panel makes it easy to control the dehumidifier according to your humidity level preference.
- Energy Star rated hence safe and efficient for use
- Offers power outage restart
- Automatically drains water
- Removable water bucket for easy draining
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Washable water filter
- Drain hose not included
5. Waykar 40 Pint Dehumidifier for Home and Basements
Suppose you are looking forward to a dehumidifier that removes moisture of up to 2000 SQ. Ft rooms, then Waykar dehumidifier is all you need. This system features a powerful compressor and a 112CFM system to remove up to 2.5 liters of water daily. Its intelligent control panel makes it easy to use as you get 24-hour timer setting for preset operation and mini Al energy consumption. More so, the humidity auto control and automatically shut off/on features ensure that you adjust to the ideal moisture setting and when water fills the bucket. Besides, its castor design makes it easy to move the system from one room to another without difficulty. Lastly, you should clean the water tank and air filter for optimum performance by following the given guidelines.
- Easy to move and maintain
- Offers convenient draining options
- The intelligent humidity control makes it easy to use
- Has power outage restart
- 2-year warranty
- The 2.5L water tank capacity makes it super easy to use
- Has no remote
4. MIDEA MAD50C1ZWS Dehumidifier
Are you looking for a larger dehumidifier for your 4,500 SQ ft room? This MIDEA new 50-pint dehumidifier tends to be the best than the previous products in terms of performance. Since it can collect up to 40 pints daily, it is an ideal system for your office, basement, bathroom, and bedroom. What makes it better is the 1.6-gallon bucket capacity that tends to be higher than for other brands. More so, its 690 watts and the 24-hour timer makes it energy saving and also efficient for use. You can also empty the water tank manually or attach a standard 0.75-inch hose pipe for continuous drainage. Another outstanding quality is the variable operating modes. That is the continual comfort mode that maintains humidity threshold to 45-55% while the continual dehumidification removes moisture due to extreme conditions or rainy weather.
- Offers automatic restart feature in case of a power outage
- Variable fan speed to improve performance
- Auto defrost feature prevents the internal damage of the dehumidifier
- Easy to use
- Water bucket capacity of 6 liters thus convenient for use
- May come faulty
3. Kesnos 70 Pint Humidifier
Kesnos 70 Pint Humidifier is also the 50 pint DOE for 2019. The product has a continuous drain hose outlet that can work for spaces of up to 4500 square feet. It can work both for homes, bedrooms, and basements. Besides, it comes with an intelligent humidity control that removes moisture support quietly. All the Kesnos dehumidifiers come covered with a 30 days money back and a one to two-year extension whenever you register the product with a lifetime expert technical support. With the best customer care services, feel free to have this excellent product to solve your problems
- User-friendly design
- Utilizes two ways to drain your humidifier
- Easy to maintain
- Automatic control system
- Kind of loud
2. Ivation Energy Star Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers tend to work best in warmer rooms; therefore, the DOE successfully changed its standard ratings from 70 pints to 50 pints per day with a relative humidity of 60% and a temperature of 60°F. The numbers are still relative. Despite the 50 pints rating, this model is still efficient just as it was earlier on. It is still capable of handling large rooms with super humid spaces of up to 4500 sqr ft with little to no problem. It is easily portable with its durable, smooth-rolling caster wheels. For effective moisture removal, you can choose to customize its air regulation using the two fan settings.
- Easy control of moisture with an LCD interface
- Relief from heat
- Compact but powerful product
- Comes with an optional hose hookup
- Small and not mighty
1. Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier
Air mega is one of the most advanced models of purifiers by Coway. The connected air purifier, can effectively, quietly and intelligently clean the air within your room. With the dual filtration system, it is capable of removing up to 99.97% of particulate matter. Besides, you can easily manage and monitor the air quality with its pollution indicator. Its coverage area determines the area size that the purifier can make. In just an hour, this product can make up to two air changes. Within this one hour, it is capable of cleaning the air in a 1560 square feet room.
- It utilizes a smart technology of an automatic fan speed adjustment
- The filter indicator that keeps you in monitoring
- Balances both technology and design
- Monitors the air quality
- Works better in large rooms
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Dehumidifiers for Home
Dehumidifiers used to operate at 80°F with a 60% relative humidity in the past, but this is officially no more from the manufacturer’s. Nowadays, they do dehumidifiers with approximately 65°F and relative humidity of 60%. The reason behind this is at 65°F; less moisture is contained in the air than 80°F bearing in mind that the relative humidity is both at 60%.
Energy efficiency requirements
Now that the Pints per day have changed, the DOEs’ energy efficiency also takes the same route. The energy efficiency requirements are no longer energy factors but of integrated energy factors. Also, the integrated energy factor involves some complex equations for the dehumidifier testing on time intervals and other settings. The energy factor simply focuses on the Liters that the dehumidifier is capable of removing per kWh of energy.
if you are using a large capacity dehumidifier for a wet job, you should find a dehumidifier with a hose connection to save you from thinking of emptying the machine manually.
The filter indicator is to remind you on when to clean your air filter
Low-temperature settings can also be known as the auto defrost. This auto defrost helps the dehumidifier to work even in cool temperatures
An automatic humidistat can sense moisture in the air and turn off when the desired moisture level is achieved automatically.
Dehumidifiers are some of the best products that help keep the air in the house clean to breathe. Whenever you breathe clean air, your health standards are maintained. You can choose to purchase a brand dehumidifier in the market, but to most beginners, making a choice can be hectic. Therefore we researched the best dehumidifiers in the market, giving weight to the performance, durability, and long-lasting test of time. Besides, we went as far as listing the guides to follow before your purchase. Feel free to buy any of the top listed products, and you won’t have to regret it again.