A condenser microphone is a common accessory that you will find in most recording studios. Compare to the common microphones, these ones have a better transient response on a wide frequency range. Regardless of whether you are a musician, a gamer, or a podcaster, with the best condenser microphone, you are going to benefit hugely. Most of these microphones come with a pop filter that helps them to only record what is coming from the microphone without the background noise. You will also appreciate that most of these condenser microphones have a plug and play design that makes them stress-free to use. If you are therefore looking for a good microphone for your podcasts, recording, or any other use, a condenser microphone will make a good pick.
With the many condenser microphones available in the market today, choosing your preferred model might be a bit daunting. This is the reason why we came up with this review that comprises the best condenser microphones in the market. The review is later followed by a brief guide of the features that you will want to consider when choosing these microphones. By the end of this review, therefore, you should easily make the right buying choice.
Let us get started!
- 10. IUKUS USB Microphone with Stand and Filter
- 9. VIMVIP Condenser Microphone with a Mic Stand
- 8. BeeFly USB Condenser Microphone
- 7. ZINGYOU Condenser Microphone for Recording and Broadcasting
- 6. Dschlzy USB Streaming Microphone (Black)
- 5. UHURU Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm, Pop Filter, and a Windscreen
- 4. SUDOTACK Podcast PC Microphone for Skype, YouTuber, and Gaming
- 3. MAONO USB Microphone Kit with Storage Case
- 2. Pyle USB Microphone Recording Kit
- 1. TONOR Condenser Microphone with a 24mm Diaphragm
- Factors to consider when buying condenser microphones
10. IUKUS USB Microphone with Stand and Filter
We begin this review with this PC microphone that you connect by just using the USB port on your PC. Its plug and play design eliminates the need for installing some software of performing some debugs for it to work. Another great feature about the condenser microphone is that it is compatible with different devices and operating systems as well.
The multifunctional design of this microphone makes it ideal for streaming, podcasting, Skype, voiceovers, and other uses. You will also appreciate that it comes with a shock mount that rotates through 360 degrees for convenience. Given that it has been backed by a warranty of one year, you need to have enough buying confidence.
- This microphone is very easy to install and use
- It is compatible with different devices including iMac laptops
- Comes with a foldable metal tripod stand
- Backed by a 12-month warranty with a friendly customer service
- None for now
9. VIMVIP Condenser Microphone with a Mic Stand
This condenser microphone comes with a chip that will perfectly reduce background noise to ensure that only quality sound is recorded. You will also appreciate that this is a multi-functional microphone that will be used in radio studios, gaming, podcasting, and many more uses. With its cardioid pattern, the mic records the sound that comes directly from the mic.
The other feature to appreciate about this microphone is that it comes in a plug and play design. This simply means that you just need to connect the mic to your PC’s USB port with no need for driver or software installation. This is a risk-free purchase since it has been backed with a 12-month warranty and a money refund policy within 30 days.
- It adopts the noise reduction technology to offer smooth audio
- This microphone has a wide range of uses
- It comes with a filter POP and a metal tripod
- Features a plug and play design
- None identified
8. BeeFly USB Condenser Microphone
This condenser microphone is known for its compatibility with different operating systems. It also prides itself on a plug and play design which basically means that you will not need to install any drivers or software for that matter. With its in-built sensitivity chip, this condenser microphone will give the best and clearest vocals without the background noise.
What makes this condenser microphone unique is the fact that it comes with a volume adjustment knob. It, therefore, means that you can adjust or mute it based on your needs. You will also like the fact that the computer microphone comes in solid metal construction and is also foldable for portability purposes. Since it comes with a warranty of one year from the manufacturer, you should have enough buying confidence.
- There will be no need to install any drivers for the mic to work
- Features an in-built sensitivity chip for excellent sound quality
- Made in a foldable and portable design
- Comes with a user manual and a 12-month warranty
- None identified
7. ZINGYOU Condenser Microphone for Recording and Broadcasting
This is an upgraded microphone set that is based on its predecessors. The difference is that this one has improved performance which makes it to produce better sound quality for vocals, podcasts, and many more. This kit includes a condenser microphone, a shock mount, a pop filter, a power cord, and many other accessories. It, therefore, means that the set will give you the best experience in the studio or any other place you wish to use it.
It also prides itself on the cardioid pickup pattern that allows it to collect the sound that is directly in front of the mic without the background noises. The microphone stand helps to hold it firmly in place for the best experience. What should motivate you to buy this product is learning that it comes with a warranty of one year from the manufacturer.
- It provides better sound for studio recording
- Features a pop filter for clear audio quality
- The kit comes with a microphone stand for stability
- Backed by a warranty of one year from the manufacturer
- Poor instructions
6. Dschlzy USB Streaming Microphone (Black)
This USB streaming microphone has been made with a professional sound chipset with a very high sampling rate. It is therefore perfect for vocals, singing, sound reproduction, and many other applications. The condenser microphone features a noise reduction technology and an anti-jamming performance. With its shock mount hold, this microphone will be held stably to bring you the best recording experience.
Another feature that you will like about this product is its plug and play design that eliminates the need for extra driver installation. Just like other quality condenser microphones, this one also comes with a cardioid pickup pattern to make sure that it records sound directly from the microphone without the background noise. It also prides itself on universal compatibility with different devices and operating systems.
- It has universal compatibility with different devices
- Features a plug and play design
- This is a professional microphone bundle
- It has a high-quality sound output
- USB reading errors
5. UHURU Condenser Microphone with Boom Arm, Pop Filter, and a Windscreen
This condenser microphone makes use of an advanced chipset that brings it a sampling rate of up to 192KH z/24 bit. In this regard, this condenser microphone is going to give a clearer, smoother, and a flatter voice. You will also appreciate the fact that the condenser microphone comes with the cardioid pattern design that allows the kit to effectively cancel the surrounding noise.
Another awesome feature about the microphone kit is the fact that it comes with a pop filter that guarantees that word pronunciation remains clear and correct. With its simple installation, this microphone proves to be easy to operate now that there are no drivers or software installation required. You will also appreciate that its durable scissor arm has been made with durable steel.
- Features a plug and play design with no need to install drivers
- This USB microphone offers a clear, smooth, and flat voice
- The package features a suspension scissor arm, a pop filter, and other accessories
- It comes with a durable steel arm set
- Lacks a headphone jack
4. SUDOTACK Podcast PC Microphone for Skype, YouTuber, and Gaming
This microphone is going to give you a sample rate of 24 bit/192KHz meaning that your recordings will be very clear. You will also appreciate the fact that it has a wider frequency response and also provides quality sound reproduction. With its cardioid pickup pattern, you will appreciate that the microphone records the sound sources which are in front of the mic in order to eliminate the background noise.
The plug and play design of this condenser microphone is the other thing that you are going to fall in love with. You simply need to plug your USB microphone to the computer’s port to get it working without installing extra drivers or software. You will be happy to learn that the microphone supports different operating systems.
- This condenser microphone offers excellent sound quality
- It features a plug and play design
- The microphone is compatible with different devices
- Comes with a hard carrying case to promote portability
- Issues with sound quality
3. MAONO USB Microphone Kit with Storage Case
This condenser microphone is designed with a professional chipset that allows it to hold a high-resolution rate of sampling. With the smooth frequency response between 30Hz and 16kHz, this microphone will be good for speeches, voice-overs, singing, and other audio applications. You will also be happy to learn that the condenser microphone comes in a plug and play design.
The microphone kit also includes an aluminum storage box that is safe and portable. Whenever you will be traveling for long distances therefore, it means that the storage box will keep the contents protected. The other good thing about the USB condenser microphone is the fact that it is compatible with all operating systems.
- It features a professional sound chipset for the best sound quality
- This microphone is compatible with all operating systems
- Features a plug and play design with no software installation needed
- It comes with a storage case to enhance portability
- Not ideal for podcasts
2. Pyle USB Microphone Recording Kit
Just like other quality condenser microphones, you will appreciate that this one also comes with a plug and play design. It, therefore, means that you will not need to install any drivers or software for the microphone to function. You will also appreciate the fact that this condenser microphone has universal compatibility. This means that it will work with different devices and operating systems.
This kit also comes with a gooseneck pop filter that will help eliminate the popping sounds for clear audio. The other thing that you will like about this condenser microphone is that it features a freestanding placement on all desktop counters or tables. If you need to carry your microphone kit as you travel, that will be possible since the kit comes with a convenient carrying case.
- No driver or software installation will be required
- It comes with a storage case for simple portability
- This condenser microphone has universal compatibility
- An adjustable pop filter for a clear sound
- Great when you are used to it
1. TONOR Condenser Microphone with a 24mm Diaphragm
This condenser microphone features a 24mm diaphragm that helps to make the sound quality exquisite. With the smooth frequency response between 20Hz and 20KHz, there is a low distortion which helps to bring better sound quality. This condenser microphone has been recommended for streaming, podcasting, home studio, recording, voice-over, and gaming as well.
The other feature to appreciate about this condenser microphone is that it features a plug and play design. That simply means that there will be no need for installing extra software or a sound card. Apart from that, it comes with a microphone stand that rotates through 360 degrees without making any noise. Among the accessories that come along with this mic include a boom arm, a desk clamp, a pop filter, and others.
- Comes with a microphone stand that rotates through 360 degrees without making noise
- It features a plug and play design with no software installation required
- Ideal for streaming, gaming, home studio, and many more
- Features a professional sound chipset that makes quality sound
- It does not match with PS4
Factors to consider when buying condenser microphones
This is among the things to keep in mind whenever you plan to buy a condenser microphone. It basically means buying a microphone that will work flawlessly with your computer. Given that different computers run on different operating systems, you need to choose what works with it. To be better placed, choosing a microphone with universal compatibility will be the way to go.
Just as compatibility, it is very wrong to compromise the sound quality when choosing a condenser microphone. The best models are the ones that will produce a very clear sound even when there are background noises. To make sure that this happens, you need to ensure that the microphone comes with a pop filter to allow it to record exactly what comes from the mic.
This is something that you should never struggle with whenever you will be buying a condenser microphone. Provided that the microphone is compatible with your computer, it should basically be plug and play. Luckily, all the condenser microphones in this review have that design meaning that you will not be required to install extra drivers or software.
From this review, it is evident that there are so many condenser microphones being offered in the market today. That does not however mean that all of them are ideal for you. Different people have different needs and that is why you need to do some research before buying. The good thing is that this review has done that for you and compiled a list of the best 10 condenser microphones that are available for sale today. On top of reviewing the best picks, we also prepared a brief guide of the factors that you should keep in mind when buying these products. This, therefore, means that you have all the information you need to proceed with the purchase.