For most people, the winter season comes with a lot of snow, and one of the biggest challenges during this season is the removal of snow. In some regions, it’s viable to use a shovel and get rid of the snow by hand, however, that is not always an option that people opt for. Luckily, the invention of electric snow blowers has come in handy in dealing with this menace. Unlike a shovel, an electric snow blower will get rid of a large sum of snow at once which is good for clearing snow in the walkways, driveways, and patio areas.
Most buyers normally look for affordable, convenient, and quieter electric snow blowers in the market, but not all end up buying their desired appliance. For that reason, we decided to offer you a lending hand. After delving into the market in search of these special tools, we managed to get a list of the top 10 best electric snow blowers. You can now comfortably read through it, and be sure to grab yourself the best option.
- 10. GREENWORKS 2600802 Corded 8 AMP 12Inch 14lbs Lightweight Auxiliary Handle Electric Snow Blower
- 9. Snow Joe 8-AMP 10Inch Maintenance-Free Durable 320E High-Impact Electric Snow Shovel
- 8. Snow Joe 4Ah Battery Quick Charger 13Inch Cordless 24 Volt SS13 Electric Snow Shovel
- 7. SNAPPER 19.7lbs 12Inch Clearing Width Ergonomic Handle XD 82V Cordless Electric Snow Shovel
- 6. PowerSmart 18Inch Remove Width DB5017 60 Hz Corded Single Stage 15 AMP Electric Snow Blower
- 5. AAVIX Black/Blue 20Inch 87CC Engine Recoil Single Stage AGT1420 87CC Gas Snow Blower
- 4. GREENWORKS Pro 2601302 20Inch 80V 30lbs Quiet Brushless Motor Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
- 3. Snow Joe 18Inch SB18 48V Cordless 40lbs 2 x 4Ah Batteries Electric Snow Blower w/Charger
- 2. WORX Single-Stage High-Efficiency Dual LED Headlight Orange & Black 40V Snow Blower
- 1. EGO Power SNT2100 21 Inch 56V Cordless Peak Power 51lbs Battery Powered Snow Blower
- Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Electric Snow Blower
10. GREENWORKS 2600802 Corded 8 AMP 12Inch 14lbs Lightweight Auxiliary Handle Electric Snow Blower
If you are looking for a more compact electric snow blower, you can try out this model by Greenworks. It is well designed to enable you to get through tighter spaces and makes it easier to store them. With a clearing width of 12 inches, it is easier to maneuver around and clear a wider area. Featuring an 8amp motor, it clears up to 300lbs of snow in a minute and a discharging distance of up to 20ft. additionally, it is equipped with an adjustable auxiliary handle that allows you to perform your operations more comfortably. Better still, it has a lightweight design making it easier to carry it from one place to another.
- Designed from a quality and durable plastic materials
- Has easier to operate button for a quick start
- Takes a few minutes to fully assemble it
- Sturdy to ensure safe and stable operations
- A bit slower with heavier snow
9. Snow Joe 8-AMP 10Inch Maintenance-Free Durable 320E High-Impact Electric Snow Shovel
Snow Joe electric snow blower is equipped with a wide range of features to meet all your needs. This unit has a clearing width of 10inches and a depth of 6 inches to get rid of all the snow. With a weight of 12.72 pounds, you can easily carry it around whenever you are performing your blowing operations. Better still, it is equipped with a 2 blade paddle auger that clears snow on paths, pavements, and many other places. Also, it features a dual handle design that prevents you from bending each time you perform the operations. Storage becomes such an easier task because you can hang it on the wall for easier access.
- Blows all snow without damaging your pavements
- Does not produce any gas, carbon, or oil emissions
- Ideal for use on patios, sidewalks, decks, and more
- Saves your times since it has a faster clearing rate
- Heavier to use on the steps
8. Snow Joe 4Ah Battery Quick Charger 13Inch Cordless 24 Volt SS13 Electric Snow Shovel
When it comes to a more versatile electric snow blower, it would be wise to try out this brand by Snowjoe. You can use it on the decks, sidewalks, patios, driveways, steps, and many other places. It is equipped with a 400w motor that removes up to 1620lbs of snow with a single charge. The 2 blade paddle auger has a throwing distance of up to 20feet leaving your way as clear as possible. When the lithium-ion battery is fully recharged, you can use it continuously for up to 22 minutes. Additionally, it only weighs 15 pounds making it more convenient to carry around as you perform your operations.
- Easier to operate and throws snow further
- Does not require extra tools for assembly
- Holds charge for a longer period
- Has a long handle to avoid bending
- Designed from cheaper plastic materials
7. SNAPPER 19.7lbs 12Inch Clearing Width Ergonomic Handle XD 82V Cordless Electric Snow Shovel
Seventh on our list is this ergonomically designed electric snowblower model from Snapper. This unit is well designed with a throwing distance of up to 20 feet on steps, sidewalks, and decks. It features a clearing width of 12 inches and a clearing depth of 4 inches for the best results. Also, it is equipped with a lithium-ion battery that provides consistent power. With a full charge, it provides a longer usage time to avoid frequent recharging. You can easily press the release button when you need to take out the battery. Additionally, its motor is positioned at the bottom to ensure efficient weight distribution.
- Ensures balanced operations and easier control
- Requires little maintenance with no oil or gas
- Charges quickly with a longer running time
- Takes a few minutes to set it up
- Heavier compared to Snowjoe model
6. PowerSmart 18Inch Remove Width DB5017 60 Hz Corded Single Stage 15 AMP Electric Snow Blower
For a hassle-free operation with the best snow clearing operations, Powersmart electric snow blower offers you the best results. It is equipped with a 15amp motor that works perfectly to clear all the snow on your patios, sidewalks, or decks. With a clearing width of 18 inches and a depth of 9 inches with a single pass, you are assured of the best results. The 180-degree rotating chute allows you to adjust both the throwing direction and distance. Assembly is such an easier task because it does not require any extra hardware and takes a few minutes. This makes it an ideal gift for a friend.
- Has a maintenance-free motor for easier operation
- Throws snow up to a maximum distance of 30 feet
- Operates quietly to avoid any disturbances
- Prevents any accidental startup thus safer
- The handlebars are not adjustable
5. AAVIX Black/Blue 20Inch 87CC Engine Recoil Single Stage AGT1420 87CC Gas Snow Blower
If you frequently experience snowfalls, Aavix electric snow blower becomes a must-have accessory. It is designed from high-quality materials that assure you of a strong and long-lasting unit. With both the front and rear wheels, it is easier to maneuver around. You can use it on sidewalks, decks, pavements, or patios with moderate snowfall. Additionally, it is equipped with a powerful 87cc motor that performs all the operations more efficiently. The clearly instructed manual offers the best way in which you can properly maintain this unit. Operating this equipment is quite easier because all you need to do is to add some oil to the engine and start it off.
- Made from high-grade components that last long
- Has a long handle for comfortable operations
- The wheels make it easier to maneuver around
- Clears a larger area within a few minutes
- Only throws snow to the left side
4. GREENWORKS Pro 2601302 20Inch 80V 30lbs Quiet Brushless Motor Cordless Electric Snow Thrower
You can clear your patios or sidewalks in no time with Greenworks electric snowblower. This unit features a clearing path of 20 inches and a clearing depth of 10 inches for efficient results. With the maintenance-free brushless motor technology, you are assured of quiet performance. The 180-degree rotating chute makes it easier to throw snow to a more desirable distance and direction. When the battery is fully recharged you can continuously use it for about 45 minutes. Furthermore, it has a weight of 33lbs making it easier to move it from one place to another.
- The adjustable chute control ensures efficient results
- Does not require any complex operations while in use
- Ideal for use by those experiencing back problems
- Performs quietly without any harmful emissions
- The plastic blade wears off easily
3. Snow Joe 18Inch SB18 48V Cordless 40lbs 2 x 4Ah Batteries Electric Snow Blower w/Charger
Are you looking for a more powerful electric snow blower? Look no further than Snowjoe electric snowblower. The 1200 watt brushless motor is powerful enough to clear up to 12 tons of snow when fully recharged. With a single pass, the 4 blades rubber-tipped steel auger clears a width of 18 inches and a depth of 10 inches. The two batteries offer a 40 minute usage time with a full charge to ensure a continuous operation. Even better, the headlight lights up when night falls to ensures a safer clearing. Depending on your needs, you can throw snow in any direction up to 20 feet with the adjustable chute crank.
- Ensures cleaner air with zero carbon and oil emissions
- Has a scraper bar that prevents damaging your floor
- The safety switch prevents accidental startups
- Handles well both lighter and heavy wet snow
- Requires two lithium-ion batteries
2. WORX Single-Stage High-Efficiency Dual LED Headlight Orange & Black 40V Snow Blower
When it comes to a high-quality electric snow blower, this brand by Worx outshines all other brands in the market. It is designed from high-grade materials well known for their strength and durability. The brushless motor emits more power with less battery usage for efficient operations. You can blow snow up to a distance of 20 feet in any direction since it is equipped with an adjustable chute deflector. If you need to clear your driveway before the sun arises then the dual headlights will be of much help. Additionally, it has a collapsible handle that makes it easier to store it during off-seasons.
- The soft-grip handle ensures comfortable operations
- Has a compact design thus takes less storage space
- Features a cordless design for convenient usage
- Easier to use since it operates using batteries
- Has a smaller clearing width
1. EGO Power SNT2100 21 Inch 56V Cordless Peak Power 51lbs Battery Powered Snow Blower
Keep your driveways and apartments free from any snow with Ego power+ electric snowblower. This item is designed from high-quality steel materials well known for their strength and durability. It has a clearing width of 21 inches and a throwing distance of 30 feet leaving no snow behind. Besides, you can easily fold its handle to ensure compact storage and easier portability. The LED headlights make it safer and easier to clear snow during the nighttime period. The onboard chute control allows you to choose the direction to throw the snow for the best results.
- Has a compact design to get through tighter spaces
- Suitable for use with both wet and heavy snow
- Runs for up to 45 minutes with a full charge
- Lightweight making it more portable
- Quite heavy while pushing through heavy snow
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Electric Snow Blower
The first factor to put into consideration is the power source. In most cases, electric snow blowers are the main models in the market which run on rechargeable batteries, which under the category of cordless snow blowers. On the other hand, corded electric snow blowers rely directly on the power connection. So, depending on your needs, you can choose the power source that suits you. For instance, if you need to clear snow on pathways and walkways, you can opt for a cordless snow blower, but if you want a powerful snow blowing, then you’ll have to go for a corded snow blower.
The next parameter to keep a close on when purchasing these kinds of products is the quality. There are tons of range available in the market, it all depends on you to choose the model that defines your needs very well. For that matter, whether you’re in search of a simple or heavy-duty option to get rid of the snow, you’ll be in a better position to find the one that matches your needs from the selections above.
We can refute the fact that snow blowers produce medium to loud noise, however, the noise level varies from model to model and brand to brand. It is therefore recommended that you consider the noise level produce by different models; which will thereby enable you to make a well-informed decision. Ideally, you’ll opt for the model that produces the lowest noise of all.
Indeed, electric snow shovels are way better than their gas-based counterparts. Aside from that, they are environmentally friendly. As if that is not enough, these models are of high-quality and reliable as well. When it runs, it doesn’t encounter any fault. The models that we have selected entails the best of the best models you may wish to consider. Clearing snow in your backyard has never been this easier. So, select one now, and take snow clearing to a new different level.